Upon purchase, you will receive a PDF document you will need to download. This contains all the information you need and Zoom log in details to attend class.
Please save and download this immediately upon purchase (as the link expires after 24hrs) but Ellie will also re-send info the day of/before the class.
Join Ellie on Mondays at 6.30pm (UK Time) March 15th, 22nd, 29th, April 5th and 12th for the first run of her Yoga Deep Dive – Programme 3.
Each participant will receive a video recording of each class so it doesn’t matter if you can’t attend live.
We cover the intricate details of 6 different yoga asana (poses) throughout the 5 classes – Boat Pose, Chataranga, Warrior 2, Pyramid Pose, Triangle Pose and Yogi Squat. Ellie will break down each of these asana into their component parts and will get you thinking more deeply about how each joint in your body may/may not be performing functionally during these common poses. She will use a hybrid of exercises from her day job (Postural Alignment Therapy) and other yoga poses to improve the function and position of each joint in the body, before bringing everything back together again in the complete asana. It will hopefully give you a new perspective on how your body is supposed to feel during each asana.
Please note that Ellie’s yoga classes are not a flow sequence (like other yoga classes you may have tried), they are more technical, focusing on anatomy/biomechanics and thinking about your body might be compensating in the movement. They are designed as preparatory work for a ‘normal’ yoga class, rather than being a ‘normal’ yoga class in themselves. YDD is more akin to Ellie’s Posture Classes (which you can find to watch on https://yogadeepdive.com/classes-courses/).
Sessions are 1 hr and take place on Zoom.
Rules of Engagement
1. Leave your preconceived ideas and ego at the door. These classes are a time to be open minded and curious. Learn to expect the unexpected in terms of what your body can/can’t do … and be ok with that. You may be able to do far more than you expect and you may be able to do far less than you expect. Don’t judge, just accept that’s where your body is for now.
2. Only work to a level where you are fully in control of every joint in your body, your breath and making sure you are not tense or in pain in any part of your body. The last point often is hard to admit but is imperative if you want to progress. So many people are either in denial about or have totally tuned out their low lying, constant levels of pain/tension. We need to tune back into this.
3. If you want a bespoke approach to reducing your pain, please have a 1-2-1 Postural Alignment Therapy session with Ellie (www.posture-ellie.com). YDD Programme 3 is a group class and is not catered towards individual bodies or bodies in pain. Do not have any expectations that these classes will rid you of your pain. Do not sign up for these classes if you suffer anything more than mild pain/tension.
By purchasing this class you agree to the above points. No refunds given.
What equipment you need overall
(I will send a confirmation email at some point before each class with exactly what you need for upcoming class.)
· Dress comfortably and be barefoot
· A yoga mat worth of floor space around you
· A Yoga Strap (a resistance band isn’t appropriate)
· 2 x Yoga Bricks
· A sliver of wall
· A chair
· 2 Rolled Up Blankets/Towels
Posture Ellie is currently undergoing her 200hrs Yoga Teacher Training and, when qualified, she will be registered with Yoga Alliance International. She is not yet a fully qualified yoga teacher. She is fully qualified as a Postural Alignment Therapist (PAS 1, PAS 2 and ETS), has completed Outdoor First Aid and Mental Health First Aid training and is insured with the Federation of Holistic Therapists.